Finally opened my friendster account today, I guess it would be easier to remember passwords if those things are with you all the time. The secret answer question is supposed to help you remember your password somehow I placed a bogus answer to the question in friendster so I forgot what it was. Following this is a list of bad passwords that you should avoid using. You would not want to end up emailing support on how stupid it was to forget both passwords for your email and friendster account. c(”,)
Here are some bad passwords:
When picking passwords, avoid the following:
* Your name, spouse’s name, or partner’s name.
* Your pet’s name or your child’s name.
* Names of close friends or coworkers.
* Names of your favorite fantasy characters.
* Your boss’s name.
* Anybody’s name.
* The name of the operating system you’re using.
* Information in the GECOS field of your passwd file entry
* The hostname of your computer.
* Your phone number or your license plate number.
* Any part of your social security number.
* Anybody’s birth date.
* Other information easily obtained about you (e.g., address, alma mater).
* Words such as wizard, guru, gandalf, boiler, Purdue, Pete and so on.
* Any username on the computer in any form (as is, capitalized, doubled, etc.)
* A word in the English dictionary or in a foreign dictionary.
* Place names or any proper nouns.
* Passwords of all the same letter.
* Simple patterns of letters on the keyboard, like qwerty.
* Any of the above spelled backwards.
* Any of the above followed or preceded by a single digit.
* Password examples that have been published anywhere, including the examples in this document.